Unable to View Gatling Report with Approximately 30k Unique Requests in Jenkins

It does load, but takes about two minutes, and tends to hang the browser. The Jenkins machine it’s running on has 32 gigs of RAM and 25gb of free space. Guessing it’s either the plugin, or Jenkins that is causing it to hang, I assume Gatling is built to display reports of that size without issue.

Is there a way o collapse or hide the requests on report load? For a test of that size, really only interested in the failures, don’t need to see all 30k requests.

I assume Gatling is built to display reports of that size without issue

Gatling reports are designed to aggregate requests of the same type in order to compute distributions.
If you have 30k unique request names (names are the aggregation key), you’ll end up with a report with 30k lines, and 30k single entry distributions, your reports will indeed be huge, Gatling will have a hard time generating them and your browser will have a hard time loading them.

Thanks for the quick reply Stephanie!

The api route is something like:

/account/{accountId}/sites

Where accountId is indeed unique 15k times over two routes. So even for performance testing sounds like we are pushing the limits then…

Thanks for the quick reply Stephanie!

Nah, Stephanie with an i is female…

The api route is something like:

/account/{accountId}/sites

Where accountId is indeed unique 15k times over two routes. So even for performance testing sounds like we are pushing the limits then…

Absolutely not. You only have a problem if you use those accountIds in the request name, not the url.

Stéphane Landelle

GatlingCorp CTO
slandelle@gatling.io