Changes in the gatling.conf not reflected

Hi,

Gatling version: 3.4.2
Scala: 2.12

I made the following changes to my gatling conf.

Uncommented connectTimeout and increased it to five minutes

connectTimeout = 300000 # Timeout in millis for establishing a TCP socket

Uncommented and set the percentile reports I want in the report to this

percentile1 = 50 # Value for the 1st percentile to track in the reports, the console summary and Graphite
percentile2 = 75 # Value for the 2nd percentile to track in the reports, the console summary and Graphite
percentile3 = 90 # Value for the 3rd percentile to track in the reports, the console summary and Graphite
percentile4 = 95 # Value for the 4th percentile to track in the reports, the console summary and Graphite

However, when I run a test, the http connection timeout is still 60 seconds (which was the earlier config I did) and the percentile are what Gatling shows by default.

Am I doing something wrong or unexpected here