[Newbie] Can't find Run as -> Scala Application in Maven Gatling Project

I am a newbie to Gatling. I have created a Maven Gatling project in Eclipse. I would like to run Gatling recorder from eclipse, but I can’t really figure out how to do that…even after reading all the documentation and searching around in past few days, I can’t find a clear instruction on how to do it… So I need a help from here.

Below steps is what I have done so far,

after done these steps, I have tried to right click on scr/test/scala/Recorder.scala → Run As → (Run Configuration), there is no “Scala Application” option as I have seen many posts said to do. I know it’s either I have missed any steps or it will be done in different ways that I don’t know about it.

So please advise me how to trigger the Recorder UI from where I am now, and further settings need to be done. I have been googling and searching from youtube, however, I can’t find any tutorial that is for basic setting for newbie like me to start with.

Big thanks in advance~

Never mind, I have found the solution of replacing the right pom.xml for me. Then it’s working fine.

Hi

Recommend running maven from the command line, after you have generated the pom from the archetype, set your own artifactid and package.
Just add a path to the maven included with your IDE, or install it yourselves and set MAVEN_HOME
(on ubuntu I use ‘update-alternatives --config mvn’ to manage several version of maven installed, like for java jvms)

mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=io.gatling.highcharts
-DarchetypeArtifactId=gatling-highcharts-maven-archetype -DinteractiveMode=false
-DarchetypeVersion=2.1.7 -DgroupId=io.gatling.highcharts
-DartifactId=gatlingtest -Dpackage=org.test

Then I add maven-surefire-plugin and skip unit-tests to run gatling in the verify lifecycle

mvn clean verify

This is very recommented if you need to run them in a CI environment like Jenkins, where you
are not guided by your IDE.

Below is my entire build which is the only think I change in the pom generated above.

src/test/scala org.apache.maven.plugins maven-surefire-plugin 2.19.1 true io.gatling gatling-maven-plugin ${gatling.version} src/test/resources src/test/resources/data target/gatling/results src/test/resources/bodies src/test/scala integration-test execute