Unable to record traffic with Gatling recorder in Firefox browser even after adding the proxy

Website not rendering in the browser using https self signed certificate in gatling. getting ‘The connection has timed out’ in the browser. Please suggest the possible solution.

Sorry, your question doesn’t make sense as it.

Do you wonder about gatling connecting to your website ? By default, there is no certificate validation (see Gatling - SSL documentation)

If the issue is through the recorder, please let’s state it. And describe your recorder configuration.
Did you configure your enterprise proxy if needed?
Did you start the recorder?

Hope that helps,
Cheers!

Thanks @sbrevet for quick response.
Actually Firefox can’t open the website with proxy setting in the browser.
I am getting connection has timeout when I am trying to open the website.

Please provide a way to reproduce your issue, as explained here.

@slandelle I have noticed after entering the proxy setting in Firefox browser- my internet stops working on the particular browser where I have added the proxy.
Please see my proxy setting in the browser & Gatling recorder configuration

@slandelle Please also see the attached Gatling recorder configuration screenshot

I have noticed after entering the proxy setting in Firefox browser- my internet stops working on the particular browser where I have added the proxy.

Most likely because you are in a corporate network where direct internet access is blocked and you have to go through a corporate proxy. If so, you have to configure it on the recorder in the outgoing proxy field.

@slandelle I am sitting at home using my own internet connection

You probably shouldn’t use the self-signed certificate option if you can’t configure security exceptions, see Gatling - Recorder

@slandelle , Can I use Certificate authority option?
then how should I fill CA certificate and CA private key?

@agandhi You can use the Certificate Authority option :

• Click on Generate CA

• Select the folder : it will generate the CA into it (gatlingCA.cert.pem and gatlingCA.key.pem)

• Select this files on Gatling recorder

• Add the previous certificate on Firefox with the Certificate Manager

• Configure proxy on Firefox

• Start the recorder

• Go to your website

I hope it’s will help you , have a nice day !

@qlecornu Thanks or your response.
I am able to generate CA and import the certificate in Firefox. But I guess proxy added in Firefox is causing the problem as I am unable to open the website in the Firefox if proxy is enabled. Please suggest what else I can check to resolved this problem.

If the proxy mode doesn’t work on your Firefox, you probably have security restrictions in your OS or browser. These are things that I will not be able to investigate.

In this case the easiest way is to use the HAR mode of the Recorder: here