I have used Gatling before to write load test scenarios and used the resulting information to identify a few metrics for synchronous API over https.
At the moment, I am working on asynchronous systems and the service is behind google pub/sub. I would be interested to know, if there is a support to achieve similar things in collaboration with Google pub/sub like the way we had for https communication.
To split the problem into 2 things, I would appreciate your help in any of this area.
- Create scenarios
- Example: Send 1000 message every second, continuously for 2 minutes to google pub/sub topic.
- Get results/chart out of the testing. Majorly I am interested in
- Minimum response time from the time it entered the pub/sub to leaving outgoing pub/sub
- Maximum response time from the time it entered the pub/sub to leaving outgoing pub/sub
- Average response time from the time it entered the pub/sub to leaving outgoing pub/sub
We would like to load test our system by sending a direct message to GCP pub/sub. If there is any plugin or integration available to get some of this work, please do share, that will be of great help.